Well here goes.....my first attempt at blogging. Here's an update on our Summer Life.
Matthew is almost finished with summer school. He is also playing Baseball. He has hit a home run at every game accept one. He hit a triple hit on the game he didn't hit a home run. George if you are reading this I know you will be proud. His teammates call him the "Power Hitter". How cool is that :) This year Matthew has just exceled in every sport he has played in....he is becoming our little athlete! I am so proud of him.
Another little note about my little man..............Saturday afternoon he came to me complaining of a headache. I gave him some Motrin and thought that would do the trick. By 4:30 he said Mom I just don't feel good. I checked him and he had a 103.3 temp. As many of you know we have had to deal with Febrile seizures with Matthew when he was little, so I don't take fevers very lightly. In fact I go into a mommy panic mode trying to not show him how nervous I am. I took him to the emergency room per the pediatric nurse on call. To make a long story short at this point today I spoke to the doctor and they believe he has Viral meningitis. It has been going around Madalyn's preschool. She thank God doesn't have any signs and symptoms, but Matthew unfortunately has been hit pretty hard. All he does is sleep with the covers over his head. We are just waiting for him to get better :) IF he isn't better by Wednesday we have to go back to the doctor. So needless to say we are on lock down at the home front until he is better. We also are getting some stronger medicine to help with the horrific headache is having. It is so hard as a mom not to be able to take the pain away so I turn to the medication that will hopefully do the trick :)
Monday, June 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We are so proud of him with all his sports! I wish we could make it to a game to see him in all his glory!
ReplyDeletePoor guy on the sickies!!! We're thiking and praying for him! Give him a huge hug and kiss and tell him we love him!